Working under the supervision of the Corporate Controller this position would be responsible for applying GAAP methods for innovative business transactions. Some duties include monthly reconciliation and financial reporting for multiple companies. This person will be working with 6 Accounting staff. A successful candidate will possess characteristics and skills of a team player, someone who excels in a fast paced environment, is able to handle multiple projects in various stages of development and wants to have fun while making a positive impact on the work environment they participate in. The company culture is welcoming to all who seek a challenge, thrive on creative team building and are able to contribute and develop accounting solutions for new business partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the activities listed below. Assigned tasks may be changed to accommodate workload and organizational needs.
- Prepares analysis and reporting on assigned inventory accounts. Includes, but is not limited to, freight, commissions and fees. Includes preparation of inventory adjustments such as the lower of cost or market adjustment.
- Maintains fixed asset records for multiple entities. Ensures capitalization and depreciation are consistent with company policy. Prepares related journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Supports the monthly close process including preparation of assigned journal entries, review of financial statements and reconciling of accounts.
- Supports the monthly preparation of financial reports and schedules for Management.
- Prepares reconciliations for multiple cash and cash equivalent accounts. Ensuring all reconciling items are followed up on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Supports the preparation of payroll and payroll related reports and journal entries.
- Supports work on the annual audits. Prepares assigned schedules, resolves audit issues, and performs required analysis.
- Performs assigned work on department projects. Includes streamlining processes and evaluating and applying GAAP accounting for new business opportunities.
- Assists in establishing and implementing short and long range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous Accounting related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Seven years demonstrated accounting experience.
- Experience with accounting ERP software, experience with Acumatica a plus.
- Experience with the preparation of financial reports and supporting schedules required.
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting and or experience accounting for jobs, inventory or multiple cost centers required.
- Excel and Word skills at an advanced level.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Excellent knowledge of the GAAP principles, practices and methods. Proven ability to research accounting issues, apply GAAP and propose solutions for implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the preparation of financial reports and supporting schedules. Including analysis, follow up and resolution of variances.
- Must be able to work well with other departments including resolution of issues and ensuring information flows between groups.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a dynamic, fluctuating work environment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and spoken instructions.
- Great organizational skills.